You may think recruitment process outsourcing is just for huge multinational corporations, or that you’re your company can’t afford it. But recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) provided by a professional staffing agency is used by many companies to save money on recruiting processes while building their business. Why turn to recruitment process outsourcing? Using a professional staffing agency for outsourced recruiting processes for your business can be the best solution to staffing shortages when you have a lack of resources for recruiting.
Benefits of Using an RPO
RPO produces several unique benefits to alleviate staffing shortages and hire qualified candidates when your company lacks the time, personnel, and funds for effective recruiting campaigns.
• More Skilled Candidates – If your company is in a very competitive industry or a niche industry where it’s hard to find qualified candidates, a professional staffing service for RPO can give you access to more skilled candidates at lower cost than if you do the recruiting yourself. Professional staffing agencies are highly experienced and focused on one thing – finding the right candidates. They have extensive networks and recruiting technology that makes your recruiting process faster, easier, and more cost-effective.
• Ongoing Staffing Support – Recruiting can be time-intensive, especially when you need to hire in volume. When you with a professional staffing agency for recruiting process outsourcing, you can turn over most of the tedious legwork and follow up to a team of skilled recruiters. This leaves you free to focus on the final decision-making in the hiring process from a pool of screened candidates sought by professionals working with you who know what you need.
• Less Expensive than Direct Hiring – A general rule of thumb in recruiting is that the cost of replacing an employee equals half of that employee’s annual salary. That makes a good recruiting process even more important so you can avoid being overwhelmed with recruiting tasks and responsibilities and risk making costly hiring mistakes. RPO terms can be tailored to your recruiting needs, so you choose to use only specific RPO services or hire the RPO to take the place of your recruiting staff. The value of filling key positions with qualified candidates quickly and efficiently goes straight to your bottom line.
• Flexible Professional Staffing – When you have specific recruiting needs, using a professional staffing agency makes sense because you pay for what you need when you need it versus paying a full-time staff for seasonal or occasional recruiting. RPO is flexible to your business needs instead of being a fixed expense that is underutilized.
• Accountability – Working with a professional staffing agency that provides RPO services brings a higher level of accountability to your recruiting process. A professional RPO service will include Service Level Agreements or specific metrics that you can specify.
• Focus – In-house recruiting specialists and human resources staff who source and hire employees typically have more than one area of responsibility and can quickly get overwhelmed and burned out. RPO agencies can focus on the areas that you need, such as high-volume sales candidates to build a sales department, or hard-to-find candidates with niche skills you need to build your business.
• Resources – Staffing professionals that provide RPO services most often have resources such as the latest recruiting technology and social media expertise to take your recruiting to the next level. RPO can get you better results faster and cheaper with resources that your company may not be prepared to invest in but can benefit from with RPO.
Choosing an RPO firm for professional staffing assistance can benefit your company in many ways. Why struggle with recruiting issues that you’re not prepared for when RPO can save you time and money and get you better results than in-house recruiting staff?
Andrew Greenberg’s roots in recruiting date back to 1996. He has experience both on the agency-side and corporate-side of the staffing business, with a focus in the financial services space at companies like Bloomberg and UBS. He also has core experience with information technology staffing, and has worked for major software companies such as SAP Business Objects and IBM/Informix Software. To get in touch with Andrew, you can reach him by email or by phone at (800) 797-6160.