Despite the challenges of the Great Recession, your business is now growing, and that means you need good people to get the job done. To do this well means using a cost-effective and efficient recruiting method to locate and hire high quality professionals who can take your business to the next level. Instead of attempting to tackle the entire process of recruiting, which is expensive, stressful, and time consuming; one possible option is to utilize a recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) firm to handle these tasks for you.
What is recruitment process outsourcing – how does it relate to my business?
RPO provides a myriad of recruiting services, which can include: sourcing and screening candidates, conducting pre-hire testing and background checks, as well as assisting with the interviewing and onboarding processes. Depending on the level of recruiting support your business needs, as well as the resources you already have in place, an RPO solution can streamline your hiring processes so that your business gets the maximum rewards. In the end, it’s a win-win situation.
What makes RPO the best solution for a growing business, as compared to other recruiting options?
There are several reasons why recruitment process outsourcing can be a way to manage your staffing needs as the business expands. Let’s review some of the reasons here.
- Outsourcing recruiting is cost-sensitive. For a business in a period of growth, every expense is scrutinized to make sure it will ultimately result in increased benefit to the company. RPO honors this by allowing the business to augment the HR department with very little overhead costs.
- RPO is adaptable as the business grows. During business growth cycles, the need for staff may increase dramatically as new projects are launched. This is especially true in the Information Technology market where a development or improvement rapidly requires the services of multiple IT talent. RPO provides this adaptability to keep up with business demands.
- Works with current recruitment resources. Some companies choose to simply add a few RPO services to the mix, to increase the abilities of the in-house recruiter and HR team. Others take advantage of all the recruitment process outsourcing to benefit from the full range of proprietary resources needed to gain an edge on the competition.
- Increased quality of candidates and new hires. Because many RPO firms have years of experience in the industries they source and recruit candidates for, a business can gain immediate access to high quality candidates. This is a much more efficient and successful method then trying to advertise for difficult-to-fill assignments and then wait for candidates to respond to expensive classified ads.
- Measurable results of recruitment campaigns. RPO provides a more consistent and established system for recruiting top candidates. Recruiting firms who offer RPO services often provide a technology driven platform where results can be carefully tracked with regular reports and feedback. This increases buy-in from executives in the company, who want to see a positive ROI.
If you are on the fence about whether or not an RPO model may work well for your business, ContractRecruiter would like to take the time to answer any questions you may have.
Please contact us today, and be sure to download one of our eBooks.
Andrew Greenberg’s roots in recruiting date back to 1996. He has experience both on the agency-side and corporate-side of the staffing business, with a focus in the financial services space at companies like Bloomberg and UBS. He also has core experience with information technology staffing, and has worked for major software companies such as SAP Business Objects and IBM/Informix Software. To get in touch with Andrew, you can reach him by email or by phone at (800) 797-6160.