Recruitment process outsourcing or RPO as it’s more commonly referred to, can provide many benefits as well as limited risks to your business. Yet, when it comes to staffing in the high growth sectors of Information Technology, the ability to work with an on-demand RPO model for IT hiring can give you a serious advantage.
First, take a look at the options in RPO to discover the benefits and risks of each.
Enterprise RPO is a way that a growing business can co-source a portion of or outsource all of their staffing administrative and recruitment processes, at a significant savings. This essentially eliminates the need for a full in-house HR team to be on the payroll.
There are several benefits to using the enterprise RPO model.
- Decrease time to hire.
- Decrease cost of each hire.
- Improved quality of hire.
- Hiring against targeted competencies.
There are also some risks associated with the enterprise RPO method.
- Over-dependency on the recruitment agency.
- Recruiting structure that is not efficient.
- Poorly matched or unseasoned recruitment team.
- Lack of control over sourcing and recruitment activities.
- Contracts that are expensive and hard to get out of.
On-demand RPO, also often referred to as Partial RPO or Sourcing RPO, is an alternative and often better method of managing the staffing needs of a growing business. In this manner of IT recruitment, the company partners with a reputable team of seasoned recruiters who become an extension of the existing HR or recruitment department.
Here are the benefits of using On-demand RPO for IT Hiring.
- Supplements, not replaces, the company’s existing HR or recruitment team.
- Recruitment support can be turned on or off depending on company needs.
- No long-term commitments or surprise charges.
- Decreased time-to-fill and lower cost-per-hire.
- On-demand RPO offers the option of hourly based services.
- Highly scalable and adaptable to the business fluctuations.
Potential risks of the On-demand RPO model include.
- Learning curve to understand the uniqueness of the business.
- Communication challenges if there isn’t a clear process.
The good news is that the US economy is on the mend in most parts of the nation. According to the US Department of Labor and Statistics, the gross national domestic product is projected to grow at 3.3 percent each year for the next five-years. By 2020, there are estimated to be more than 65 million more jobs available for working professionals in the top growing industries. That means companies need to plan ahead for the shift in hiring needs by establishing a relationship with a quality On-demand RPO IT Recruiting firm like ContractRecruiter. The benefits of an on-demand method for recruiting and staffing allow your business to expand in a carefully managed way, with the support of a team of recruiters who understand your business needs with customized services.
Andrew Greenberg’s roots in recruiting date back to 1996. He has experience both on the agency-side and corporate-side of the staffing business, with a focus in the financial services space at companies like Bloomberg and UBS. He also has core experience with information technology staffing, and has worked for major software companies such as SAP Business Objects and IBM/Informix Software. To get in touch with Andrew, you can reach him by email or by phone at (800) 797-6160.